Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How can I make my address bar stop showing where I've visited? I tried ';clearing search history';

When I type a few letters some wesites drop down from the address bar. How can I stop that from happening. I ';cleared search history'; from the internet options menu, and I deleted cookies and files too. I am using Internet Explorer 6.0How can I make my address bar stop showing where I've visited? I tried ';clearing search history';
You can do it by turning Auto-Complete off.





Go to Tools%26gt;%26gt;Internet Options, choose ';Content'; Tab and click on ';AutoComplete'; button. Uncheck everything there.





After that, you should not worry that the site that you have ever visited will appear again. If you want to completely remove the record from your PC, then under ';Connections'; tab inside Internet Option, click on ';Delete Files'; and ';Delete Cookies'; button.





Hope that helps =)How can I make my address bar stop showing where I've visited? I tried ';clearing search history';
Great to hear that =)


Cheers!

Report Abuse



You have auto complete turned on. Turn it off in options.


Could I recommend you take the time to download IE7? It is free. I think you may like the new features once you get used to them.


I would also recommend Firefox for speed. You need both. Also free.
Deleting cookies, files and history SHOULD work.





My advice would be to get firefox. This is why:





1. You can import all your bookmarks etc from IE so there's no inconvenience.





2. It's more secure and IMO better looking than IE.





3. They have the option ';clear private data'; which deletes cookies, history, files and history of addresses and what you've typed all in one go!








http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/





Good luck
Open Internet Explorer 6. Go to Tools -%26gt; Internet Options. On General Tab, Delete Browsing History not the search History.

No comments:

Post a Comment